Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Denver, Colorado! 2013

The First Big Break...


Was to Denver, Colorado! Where do I start? This was a amazing year for me and I want to go back and re-visit someday! 
14,115' up in the sky!  
First off let me say this, I love the weather there! Here in Wisconsin the weather is like a roller coaster. Very cold in the winter and very humid in the summer. However, in Colorado there is no humidity! I was in Love.

During the first week we went up Pikes Peak. We rode on the Pikes Peak Cog Railway. (link provided down below)
Pikes Peak Cog Railway
   What was my favorite part? Hard to say exactly, but I absolutely loved the aspen trees and the pine trees together.
The weather was perfect, and had a slight cool breeze.  This trip was very much worthwhile my time. The trip up to the top and back down had taken about three hours, so lots of nice conversations with friends and beautiful scenery to look at. When we finally got up to the top, the sight was just perfect! Besides the awesome feeling of being on top of the world, they had a very nice gift shop/restaurant. I strongly recommend taking the trip up If you are ever in the neighborhood!
http://www.pikes-peak.com/attractions/pikes-peak-cog-railway/

very close to the top of Pikes Peak





Garden of the Gods

The next big trip we went on was to the Garden of the Gods. Now, being a geologist freak this was almost like heaven! Again, with the perfect weather (until later that day) me and a group of friends enjoyed free admission, and beautiful walks in this rocky garden. The beautiful red rock against the oncoming storm was just a perfect setting.

My favorite part about this visit? Well, being a poor teenager at the time, I liked the fact that there was no admission fees! That's not the only part I enjoyed, I loved the many trails they had available to many beautiful spots. Most of the trails they had were nice and paved. So we saw many strollers and families having a good time climbing on much smaller versions of the garden. The interesting rocks also gave me a chance to attempt to make an "illusion picture" you can call it. Not too bad for a first go! 




Like the green outfit? Yep, I didn't do laundry on time that day. So, this is a good reminder to get it done before hand!

Here's a link with more information about this beautiful garden;
http://www.pikes-peak.com/attractions/garden-of-the-gods-visitor-and-nature-center/

No comments:

Post a Comment