Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A new year, a same desire...

2014 is over... what next? 

 Can you believe it!? Today is the last day of 2014! 

This year has gone by with many memories made. Even though I want to go back to some, I am excited and ready to see what lies ahead! One plan that I know is going to happen is 2015's mission destination for CEF will be in Indianapolis, Indiana! It may not be the mountainous west, but still a place I never been too! 
 That will be in July of 2015, so keep a eye out for that! 

What is the first thing that you think of when someones says "travel"? 
You may think of car rides, airplanes, camping, hiking, and all sorts of stuff. What first comes to my mind is seeing what God has blessed this earth with. How he constructed the sky (like the Northern Lights), how rivers flow and help sustain life, etc. 
But to me being a budding geologist, I also see destruction. "In what ways?" you may ask. Me being a Christian, I believe in a world wide flood. I also believe that to be the cause of landscapes such as the Grand Canyon for example, was the cause of the aftermath of this catastrophic event. 
When I look at the mountains, valleys, and landscapes its always a consent reminder.But is also a consent reminder how God, even though we still don't always obey Him, blesses us with the beauty of nature! 

You may be struggling with a certain question that may go somewhat like this- "God, where do you want  me to go next?" This has most definitely been a common question for me!  

After each missions trip or hearing about other places in the world, I always ask myself that question, "God, what next?"  
Isaiah 58:11 
"The Lord will guide you."  

But again, how do you know when He is guiding you? Well, step one is to wrap yourself in His word. When you look at the armor of God, one of the parts is the belt of Truth! To read it, think about it, and most importantly pray! When you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you. He tells us He will make known the plans He has for you! 

 "In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall Direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:6

Another element that I think is important is trusting Him with your life. His plan may be way different than what you planned. To put your trust in Him to take the lead and guide you is the big step to knowing His plan. 

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Jeremiah 33:3

This year will be an amazing year for you, and for me. When you look out your window and wonder"What next?", when you feel like you are trapped at home or in one place remember what Philippians 4:6 says;

" Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."  

I am very curious to see what plans God has in store for me in 2015. I thank God for the many places I have seen and wonderful people that I have met along the way. For those who know me I do say this a lot, but isn't it absolutely wonderful knowing that God has everything planed out for me. He is the ultimate multitask-er! Like I mentioned before, a new year a same desire. I hope that desire will never fade in my lifetime.  Have an AMAZING start to 2015 and travel hard!       



No comments:

Post a Comment