Monday, June 8, 2015

Finally!

Finally... Out of the House! 

Summer has started and so has me being away from home more often has begun!
For the kick off my parents planned a trip down to see Pikes Peak, IA.



Talk about a beautiful day! The view was just amazing on the overlook.

We then went on this hike down to see Bridal Falls. I was thinking that it was going to be a pretty decent sized waterfall but when we got there.... it was seriously a bunch of water drops. But all in all it was a good trip.

Me at the falls.
But the erosion! When you looked at the bottom of the falls and just how big the erosion was. It makes you wonder.. what happened in the past? Was there a big waterfall? Was it recent?
Life makes you wonder at all it's marvels. Even in a little trip with your family, taking pictures of rocks, and wishing you wore shorts.





I did also enjoy the trails! You were on a walkway attached to the side of a steep hill. I loved it! fell like you are walking on air when you look over the edge. When I saw all the erosion and rocks, I regretted not bringing my field book along to jot down notes.



I am very thankful to have the family that I have. My parents who have pushed me to make a difference in this world, to peruse my dreams, and to embrace life at it's fullest.

Watch out world, here I come! 

Guys! I almost forgot!  It's finally June! You know what that means? CYIA camp! Otherwise known as Christian Youth in Action under Child Evangelism Fellowship (to learn more about this amazing ministry click here) I will be leaving this weekend for two weeks! So close! 
Until then, travel hard! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment